From ground level up to one meter from the ground
Deterioration of the plaster and paint, and the formation of mold and black spots.Remove corroded spots, let the plaster dry thoroughly and then repair it with D-32 (fast repair mortar) or alternatively with D-42 (one-coat plaster). Dampen lightly the surface and then apply (with roller or emulsion brush) WATERPROOF MORTAR. Prime with the SOLVENT BASED PRIMER or the water-soluble AQUAFIX and then paint with a high quality acrylic paint (it is recommended the 10 YEAR WARRANTY or the acrylic MINERAL SURFACE PAINT of DUROSTICK).
External vertical surfaces (from plaster, concrete or stone)
Cracks, plaster and paint deterioration, moisture infestation, corroded and detached joints.
Surfaces (mainly floors lined with ceramic tiles, marbles, etc.)
Detachment or cracking of joints, penetration of moisture in the substrate of the lining, plaster deterioration on the opposite side (inner side) of the concrete slab where the lining is located
- Removal of cracked, detached tiles and replacement with new ones. First, let the surface and its substrate dry thoroughly. Glue with GOLD tile adhesive (C2TE S1) or liquid tile adhesive No37. Re-grout ideally with FLEXIBLE & OIL REPPELENT GROUT or with the cementitious grout DUROSTICK 1-10mm. Waterproof the joints with D-16, or the entire surface with D-29 SPOT FREE (or the DS-275 NANO PROOF MARMO). In case there are no expansion joints, create ones every 16-25m2 of surface with DUROFLEX PU and PRIMER PU.
- In the opposite (bottom) surfaces of the plate or in parapets lower, follow the following procedure. Remove any loose materials. Restore surfaces with D-32 or D-42 or MEGAFIX. Allow them to dry thoroughly. Grease the surfaces with SOLVENT BASED PRIMER (externally) or water-soluble AQUAFIX (inside-out). Paint with a high quality plastic (interior use) or acrylic paint (exterior use) from the wide range of DUROSTICK.
Door and window frames
Failure of sealing in the junction of the frames with the wall.
Fixed or mobile wooden and metal constructions (doors, windows, pergolas, railings, etc.)
Peeling paint, varnish protection, anti-rust protection, insects’ infestation, wood rot.
1. Wooden constructions: Remove flimsy – peeling residues of paint or varnish. Sandpaper the surface thoroughly. Repair –replace the rotten wood wherever is needed. To protect the surfaces (if there is a cankerworm infestation), apply DUROXYL WOOD PROTECTION CONDITIONER (SOLVENT BASE). Then fill with DUROWOOD putty. To change the shade of the wood, apply DUROXYL solvent based varnish (11 ready-made shades). If not, grate lightly to increase the adhesion and apply transparent water based or solvent based varnishes DUROLAC and MARINER.
2. For exterior metal constructions: With the appropriate tool (sanding paper, steel wool, steel brush), remove paint residues, rust, and dust. To achieve a perfectly clean surface, use THINNER 101. Then apply NATURAL RED LEAD. Following, it is recommended to apply METAL PRIMER. After drying, paint the surface using DUROLUX (available solvent or water based).
Roof surfaces (concrete slab roof, tiled roof)
Non-existent or bad waterproofing of the roof or tiles and their binders, detachments, cracks. Deterioration of gutters and water drainage elements.
2. Since 2000 all tiles are waterproof with usually 10 year durability. For the proper operation of the tiled roof and its binders, these should at all times be checked for their good condition (Detachments, Corrosion, tile Cracks) and should be repaired / maintained immediately. Preventive, regular maintenance, protects us from future problems, such as the penetration of moisture under the tiles and the damage caused to the roof’s substrate whether it is a wooden roof or a pitched concrete. Waterproof the roof tiles with D-59 or with NANO PROOF CERAMIC DS-270. Replace detached or cracked tiles (roof ridges) with bonding mortar PERLAFIX and waterproof it with D-9 or DUROFLEX POWDER.
Chimneys, boiler bases, tanks, objects, railing for Pergolas.
Failure of binders or other sealing materials (e.g. mastic) in chimneys, in the contribution of tiled roof with wall, on bases of devices placed on the roofs.
If one of these is detected, the best practice/solution is to remove the old sealing, clean the area thoroughly and repeat the sealing with the appropriate material. Then apply DUROFLEX POWDER along or around the sealing. On a rooftop it is recommended to apply DS-220. In bases of railings, usually in the parapet of roof, it is better before the final sealing to proceed with polyurethane mastic DUROFLEX PU after priming the sealing area with PRIMER PU for better adhesion of the sealant.